Saturday, November 3, 2007

Questions for anyone who can answer them.....

Hi everyone. A comment was left on my last tag and I am wondering if someone can tell me rules, ect. It was brought to my attention that I am not following artists rules. I am a newb (well semi now lol) and always get all of my tubes I use to make tags through emails. If I am supposed to be giving credit where credit is due as far a tube goes how do I find that out?

I surely do not and have not meant to go against what another artist of tubes such as MQQN tubes require to use them and am very sorry if I have not been using the name of that artist. As I said I always download them through tag groups where they are just attached files.

If anyone can shed some light on this and let me know I would greatly appreciate it. I can easily add the artists name for the MQQN tubes even now to give credit for the tube I used and will do that once I figure this out.

This is the first time someone has said anything to be about it and I am glad they did because I had no idea.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hugs, Robyn

7 comments:

sugarsweet056 said...

Lots of tubes are by licensed artists, & you're supposed to buy their work...you need a license yourself too. I don't know much about it, I did get a license & bought some of the work...but sometimes I don't even know the work is from a licensed artist, it all comes through tag groups & is very confusing when you're new like me, & not familiar with certain styles.
Hope this helps.
Sugar

sugarsweet056 said...

Forgot to tell you, contact CILM  or  StickerChicks to get a license & purchase tubes. Just put the name in your search bar.
Sugar

aljes12 said...

I hate when people feel they need to police & bring it to peoples attention about this copyright bull. I don't make tag offers via websites or journals because of this reason. We CAN'T always know who's art were using. It's sapposed to be a hobby for fun. I don't think we should be charged to make tags if its just for fun, now if your finanially profiting from it then yes, then you should pay a fee. Thats my opinion on it.  
- Jessica

nay0114 said...

I don't really know any of the rules, but I can tell you that most of the Suzanne Woolcutt tags usually have a @ her name and some kind of license number that is usually shown on the tags.
I'll send you an example of one I have in email.
Take care, Chrissie

nightmaremom said...

Chrissie sent me over... I emailed her some information.  It really has nothing to do with the tubes you get in a group but rather the artist themselves require you to purchase the tube to use, not the tubers.  I sent her a group of different guilds that have lists of the artists.  So sorry you were targeted here, seems to be happening more and more.  GRRRRRRRRRR  Yell if ya need help
d

glensfork4 said...

Donna commented already, but I was going to tell you to shoot her an email....

Michele

chevyz71gurl74 said...

Sorry I couldn't be of some help as i know nothing about the rules of the artist ~ if anyone knows all about it Donna (this that and hockey) would know....and I see she already left a comment.  Hope you figure it all out and it isn't a problem

Hugs
Terri

Followers