Monday, March 3, 2008

I said 2 days ago tags to come didn't I? lol

I am sorry guys I did make a set but intend on adding names to them before sharing. My hubby is out of town and has been for almost a week so I have been so busy and then when the kids go to bed I am just so wiped out that I do not have the energy to make a tag. My house is spotless though, I cleaned it really good top to bottom and got all sheets and blankets washed. Even the California king comforter that I took to the laundromat this afternoon.

I started taking the Chantix 6 days ago and set my quit smoking day for Wednesday. I am worried about the habit being so part of my day that even if my brain isn't telling me I need one, the habit is going to be hard to break. I have only noticed one significant side effect (Which is my own fault) Do NOT take this pill without food in your stomach, you will get sick almost immediately. But then once you eat it is fine again. Otherwise I have had no issues at all. I did a total calculation of how much money I have spent buying cigarettes since the day I started and just about fell OVER when I got the amount. I buy for hubby and I and have been for the last 10 years, I added that into it also. My grand total was just over $50,000.00!!!!!!!! Hmmm I can think of about a million things that money would have been better used on lol. So everyone wish me luck, hopefully by this weekend I can say I am smoke free for at least a couple days!!

Tonight I will add all of my always list names to the set I made and upload them. I also have one lady I need to welcome. I am off to grill steak, make fried potatoes, and peas for dinner because my daughter is "starving!" lol I made Indian tacos about 2 weeks ago and we made the fry bread from scratch. It was yummy but my daughter was not here that night so I think I will be making some more this week sometime for dinner.

Hugs, Robyn

8 comments:

jjdolfin9 said...

I quit smoking three years ago (cold turkey) so I can feel for you.  Good luck.  I had a pack a day habit for 40 years and just set the day and threw them away.  I, like you, was tired of burning money (not to mention the health aspect).
Hugs, Joyce

nay0114 said...

Awww.... Robyn I'm so proud of you. Not only are you trying to be healthier for yourself, but just think how much longer you're gonna be around to see beautiful kids. Don't give up because it takes a long time to get over a habit.
We've all had the flu here too. I'm just glad everyone is getting better and then maybe the weather will clear up.
Can't wait to see the new set.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

happysunshien said...

hey we make fry bread :)  Indian Tacos...yummmyyyy

Kelly

glensfork4 said...

I wish you all the best with quitting smoking...I have tried numerous times, I have cut back dramatically (3 a day vs 20 a day), but still need to just give it up....

What are Indian tacos?

Michele

queeniemart said...

wow, that is a lot of $$ on cigs. I pray you can break the habit, you will add yrs to your life. The dinner sounds delicious.
Love,lisa

ktkamanski said...

Wishing you the very best ~ When I quit I would grab a straw or pencil when the habbit decided to take over.  Your dinner sounds delicious - would love the reciepe for the flat bread and the Indian tacos - yum! Have a wonderful day,
Katie

tpiez4me said...

Yummy sounding dinner. Lots of luck Robyn on the quit smoking mission.  I hear Chantrix is good.

jmoqueen said...

Good luck with the non-smoking xx  I know it's not easy coz I've been there done that.  We'll offer as much support as you need

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Followers

Blog Archive